Bikini Beans Barista Careers
Join the Bean Gang
Bikini Beans Coffee is always looking for motivated employees with a strong commitment to excellent customer service looking for a Bikini Barista Career. If you are passionate about great coffee and looking for an opportunity where your personality and professionalism can make a daily impact in a positive, encouraging environment, we would love to hear from you!
The Store Manager is an awesome career route for Baristas. Responsible for creating the Bikini Beans experience for all customers and employees. The Store Manager serves as a great leader who leads by example and showcases what it means to build personable connections at Bikini Beans Coffee. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining a consistent Bikini Beans Coffee experience that is in line with the values of the company.
The role of the Store Manager is to lead the assigned location with success by taking ownership of the location, and maintaining an organized and efficient process for regular operations. The Store Manager runs the location with attention to detail, creating a vibrant customer culture as well as a healthy team setting. They execute Bikini Beans Coffee’s high standards and hold the team accountable to these standards. The Store Manager’s responsibilities include all day to day operations of their location, managing and training barista staff, educating customers on our menu, making recommendations based on customer preferences, up-selling special items and taking orders. To be successful in this role, the Store Manager should have leadership skills, time management skills, organizational skills, customer service skills, knowledge of brewing methods and specialty drinks, and a motivation to keep the store clean and presentable. They should be flexible to work various shifts throughout the weekly schedule. This position’s compensation includes salary and tips.
DUTIES WHEN WORKING OR NOT WORKING A SHIFT:
Store Manager Duties:
- Set a positive tone and strong work ethic, leading by example
- Train and educate your team on Bikini Beans Coffee’s process and policies
- Communicate information and any changes to your team
- Make the barista schedule, working with availability and shift preferences as much as possible
- Manage cash for your location:
- Deposit cash daily
- Maintain sufficient rolled coin and small bills in the safe
- Hold your team accountable using Bikini Beans Coffee’s discipline protocol (the steps in this protocol should be discussed/carried out in person, not over texts, emails or phone calls)
- Keep the store clean and presentable, modifying checklists as needed to maintain a clean environment
- Inventory and Ordering
DUTIES WHEN WORKING A SHIFT:
First Priority – Customers:
- Immediately greet customers as they enter
- Engage customers before taking orders (i.e. “How are you today?”)
- Educate customers on menu items and answer any questions they ask
- Discern customers preferences and make recommendations accordingly
- Take orders while paying attention to details (i.e. preferences of roast, dairy and syrup)
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
- Serve prepared food, like donuts, pastries and muffins
- Prepare and serve beverages following recipes
Second Priority – Between Customers:
- Assess what needs accomplished in your shift, then prioritize and delegate
- Keep your team moving and working, checking for quality and thoroughness
- Set up and complete cold brew batches
- Manage storage areas and put away all deliveries when they arrive
- Notice if equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Recommend new menu items and communicate customer feedback to Owners
- Keep the bar area clean
- Brew drip coffee as needed
- Maintain a clean patio area, sanitizing tables and chairs, and taking trash out as often as needed
- Maintain stock of syrups, sauces, coffee, cold brew, paper products, pastries, and merchandise, etc.
The Bikini barista position is what creates the Bikini Beans experience for our customers. You can create an amazing Barista career starting as a Bikini Barista and mastering the basics. By providing customers with exceptional service, quality beverages, while maintaining a positive and uplifting store environment. Their genuine personality is what creates a personable experience that builds a lasting relationships with our customers.
This job requires the Bikini Beans barista to engage with customers, and provide exceptional customer service and hospitality to every Bikini Beans Coffee customer. Additionally, Bikini Beans barista will be required to educate customers on our menu, make recommendations based on customer preferences, up-selling special items and taking orders. The essence of the Bikini Beans barista is based on the bikini uniform and engaging with customers to create a personable experience by having a fun energetic personality, and the ability to meet and maintain the Bikini Beans image & uniform guidelines.
The Bikini Beans barista uniform is what makes the Bikini Beans concept unique. The uniform is a bikini which is defined as a very brief two-piece swimsuit for women. Therefore, it is essential that each Bikini Beans barista understands that whenever they are working they must comply with the Bikini Beans image & uniform guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Immediately greet customers as they enter
• Engage customers before taking orders (i.e. “How are you today?”)
• Educate customers on menu items and answer any questions they ask
• Discern customers preferences and make recommendations accordingly
• Take orders while paying attention to details (i.e. extras, dairy and syrup)
• Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
• Serve prepared food, like donuts, pastries, and muffins
• Prepare and serve beverages following recipes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
No prior experience or training required.
Ability to effectively communicate in English. Must be able to read and understand the menu, write and ring in tickets, and operate a computerized register system. Must be able to suggestively sell menu items. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers in order to engage.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. Ability to mathematically compute proper change and accurately settle checks.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must attend training and agree to policies and procedures as outlined in Bikini Beans Coffee handbook. Must successfully attend and complete any and all other required training in compliance with local and state regulations, such as food handlers permit.
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties, the Bikini Beans barista is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or carry objects, product, or controls; and talk or hear. The Bikini Beans barista frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The Bikini Beans barista must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties, the Bikini Beans barista may potentially be exposed to sun while taking orders. They are required to apply skin protection as needed to protect them from sun exposure. The job setting is a fast pace environment which requires quick thinking and multitasking.
Follow Us on Instagram
Comments are closed.